In 2009, the European Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (EPUAP) and National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel (NPUAP) published "Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: Clinical Practice Guideline", including the Quick Reference Guide.
The NPUAP, EPUAP and Pan Pacific Pressure Injury Alliance (PPPIA) have worked in collaboration to develop a new pressure ulcer prevention and treatment clinical guideline. The intent of the collaboration is to advance international consensus in pressure ulcer prevention and management.
The Guideline creators in numbers:
- 103 Small Working Group (SWG) members who conducted literature appraisal and contributed to developing chapter drafts.
- 12 Guidelines Development Group (GDG) members from the NPUAP, EPUAP and PPPIA.
- 1 methodologist
- 112 experts from 16 countries
- 986 invited stakeholders (individuals and organizations).
- 398 of those who were invited actually registered as stakeholders.